Do you have a kid that no matter what punishment they get; it doesn't affect them?

I had siblings like that....back in the 80's spanking was the thing....my siblings would just like stick out their tongue like so what. So that didn't work. Then my son you can give him time out, take away his toys, positive reinforcement, clear his room of all toys, take away movies and everything and he still smiles like "big deal". grrr it drives me up the wall. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ignore his little ass, my doggone 3 year old does the same thing. He humps his shoulders and walks away. He just has this serious look on his face. Im like you too young for this shit boy! But if he wants something like a treat he likes or a toy out of his closet on the top shelf I ignore him. See how you like that. Then he be like "mommy, mommy, mo-mmy", with that little puppy dog look on his face. {sigh}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:02 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My middle child is the same way i believe in "spanking" that doesnt work, ive tried time out, no bikes and toys, sittin on the couch while the other two are outside everything and he still does the same things over and over but he is good as gold when its just him by himself, So on the positive side your not the only parent going through this lol :)
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 9:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I have a 4 year old daughter that doesn't care. I've threatened to throw away toys before and she agreed to it! She is currently in the NO and WHY phase right now. Yes it gets irritating. My response is to make her go to her room and sit on her bed or put her hands on the wall. She hates her bed room door being closed so usually that's her punishment.
    My three year old is sensitive and hates for mommy or daddy to be upset and will do whatever it takes to be out of trouble! She is completely opposite.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 9:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• spanking is a joke to my 3 year old.. time outs, he goes willing if he knows he was bad and jsut waits, then he is back to being bad... force him to stay in his room, now that pisses him off. but it still takes atleast 2 hours of that!! so im at a loss too....

i dont believe in giving him postitve reinforcement for the thigns he should be doing in the first place though.. ive seen it first hand and think its a joke! < atleast for my kid>
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:26 PM on May. 21, 2009

• ODD - Oppositional Defiant Disorder. They have a name for everything now, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:38 PM on May. 21, 2009

• hahah sadira!!! of course how could i forget that!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My son did the I don't care I'll just do this....instead.
    Little man now looses privilidges for days at a time. He loves him video games so he looses his leapster, game cube and computer games. They are all lumped together as one revoked privilidge. It hapens for up to one week. Bad behaviour=lost privilidge. He'll ask if he can play his games or ask where they are and I ask him where he thinks they are or if he deserves to have them back. He's learning and it now bother's him that he dosen't get things for longer periods of time.
    We tried timeouts, spanking, taking his toys out of his room. His room was empty at one time except for his bed, dresser and night light. So far this is working. We even let him choose his punishments some times. He's tried occasionally to get off but usually pick an adequate punishment.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• lol My son is in the why phase now too. I tell him it's because I'm mommy and you do as I say. Now when his 3 yo sister asks why he tells her because I'm mommy and you do as she says.
    Love ODD! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:13 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Ugh!!! My 2 year old is this same way!!! What the hell????
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:51 AM on May. 22, 2009

• fortunately no. my daughter is pretty good and hates to be in time out so usually the most i have to do is threaten her with it. lol.
    Jessikins

Answer by Jessikins at 12:34 PM on May. 27, 2009