What would be an appropriate gift for a teacher?

My son's last day of school is tomorrow, and between the 2 of them, and one being held back in kindergarten, we have had the same kindergarten teacher for 3 years. I love her to no end, she has really become a friend to nme, and she has even helped me alot during the year with problems in my oldest's 1st grade class. She is truley an amazing teacher. We are changing schools next year (whole other story) and I am wanting to do something special for her, we got her a Thank You card, and had the whole family sign it, but I am wanting to do something more. Any ideas? Also, my oldest's teacher has been nothing but a headache and IMO shouldnt ever be allowed around kids again in her life to put things lightly, am I obligated to get her something though too since I am for the kindergarten teacher? And if not do I hide the fact that we got her something, they are right across the hall and not sure f she iwll find out anyway.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 9:04 PM on May. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A nice plant or flowers she could plant, something to enjoy for years to come.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 1:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Get her a name plate if you can afford it, for her desk.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• A scented candle would be nice to, preferably the aromatheraphy kind.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• A teacher deserves a strong nerve pill .lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:12 PM on May. 21, 2009

• A gift certificate to an office supply store...
    Anonymous

• Make up a gift bag filled with hugs and kisses candy and candy bars (with candy bar wrapper that says thank you....see here for the wrappers http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html   You could also get gift card (movie/rental/mall) and write a note that says "hugs and kisses and lots of thank yous for being such a great teacher". 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• A gift certificate for a manicure/ pedicure?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:59 PM on May. 26, 2009