It's gotta be soon, but is this all normal??

I was due on Monday, and last Wednesday I lost my mucous plug. Monday my dr said she removed the rest of it but now more is coming out. And today I've felt like I'm on my period, with lower back pain and a little bit of cramping. Is it normal for more of the mucous plug to come out? Also I think I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the past few days, where my stomach bunches up and hardens, it's not painful at all, but it happens like every ten minutes.
I guess I'm just worried over nothing, but this is my frist pregnancy so I just want to know that I'm normal, lol.

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:07 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like your body is getting ready! good luck!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:09 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Thanks bettylou; I just feel like she's taken up permanent residency in my uterus and she's never going to come out. :( Plus the 30 calls and texts every day asking if she's here yet just remind me that no, she's not, lol.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:17 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Your mucous plug can grow back making it seem like it keeps coming out. Just remember, braxton hicks arn't regular. If they are coming every ten minutes and don't stop when you switch positions then it could be early labor. GL!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I didn't know that it could grow back; that makes sense though. And the braxton hicks aren't every ten minutes, it's like every 8 minutes to every 15 minutes depending on what I'm doing; and aren't true contractions supposed to be painful??? Because I'm not hurting much at all, just feel like really mild period pains. :-/
    I'm just so anxious for her to come out!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:31 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Early contractions are uncomfortable but not painful. Mine didn't get painful until about 4 hours into labor. Only reason I knew I was in labor was because I was induced.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:34 PM on May. 21, 2009

• sounds like your getting prepared lol. I am 40 weeks 1 day though and still haven't had my baby and had these signs for about 2 weeks now, even painful contrax lol.

your body is getting prepared, but it could still be a week or so :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:35 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am 35 weeks pregnant with my third child. My daughters are 4 and 3 and I still don't know what labor or contractions feel like. It may sound kinda dumb but I was contracting all day yesterday and didn't know it. I had back labor when I was induced with my first daughter and only knew I was having contractions when I looked at the fetal monitor and contraction monitor. I had no idea. Last night I went into the ER and my back pain was guess what preterm labor. So yes tightening of the stomach and back pain means you should go to the ER. I had back labor and to me contractions are uncomfortable not painful...at first. If you have more then six contractions in an hour and your back is hurting and the pain aint going away then its possible it's labor.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 9:43 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I had Braxton Hicks contractions pretty normally the day before I went into hard labor. I had BH all day long, and by midnight, I was in full-blown labor. It just hit me all at once. Felt the pop, pop in my Tummy and then they started and a half hour later my water started leaking.
    GOOD LUCK! IT'S COMING!!! BE PATIENT!
    oh and all this was 2 days after my due date.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Sounds like your body is getting ready. I don't think I ever lost my mucus plug but I was having sporadic extremely uncomfortable contractions 2 days before I went into full blown labor. Good luck!!!
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 12:13 AM on May. 22, 2009