How did you get you baby to sleep through the NIGHT?

My daughter is seven months old going on eight months and still wakes up every three to four hours. When i was breastfeeding her she woke up every one to two hours. So her sleep has improved since then, but i wounder why she wont sleep thru the night. Is she hungry? When i get up to her crys she only wants a bottle; then she's right back to sleep again. Help

Hailynsmommy

Asked by Hailynsmommy at 9:24 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's hungry, feed her. She's not ready to sleep through the night.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:30 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I agree. We have this thing about training babies to sleep through the night, but the reality is that they will do so when they are biologically ready to.

I know it's frustrating, I have 2 month old twins who are up all night. My toddler didn't slep through the night until he was 2. But the day WILL come for you.
    BrittBratt

Answer by BrittBratt at 10:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• All of mine did it when they were biologically ready. I get being tired, I have 7, and I will not do CIO, what I can say is that they do start to sleep longer and longer, they are only this little once and in the whole scope of things...it's a small amount of time.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I started giving my son 6-8oz bottles right before bed and he would sleep through the night. he was 6m though.
    ProudMami2008

Answer by ProudMami2008 at 10:34 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My daughter didn't start sleeping thru the night until she was 8 months old. Until then, I was feeding her at least once after she went to bed for the night. I really didn't "do" anything...she did it when she was ready.

Feed her if she's hungry.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My son(9 months) has a blanket that he cuddles. When he wakes up he just rolls over and grabs it then goes back to sleep. He started that when he was 6 months.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• When my Daughter was that age I would give her a bath every night with lavender baby wash and give her a mini massage. The calming affect from the lavender worked every time and by the time I was finished she usually would drift off before she hit the crib. Also I never let her take a nap past 5pm. Sometimes it's hard to keep her awake but I take her outside and keep her busy. Oh and another thing it's NOT too young for him to sleep thru the night you just have to find what works and if he's ready. Both by Boys slept thru the night the day they came home, so it is possible.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You could try to offer her some water in a cup instead of the bottle. She might just be thirsty.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:28 PM on May. 22, 2009