what exactally does child birth feel like and what all do they do while your in labor?

mommy2b09181990

Asked by mommy2b09181990 at 9:36 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that's a pretty open question.. um it really depends on the individual. Some moms are induced, some have babies at home w/ a midwife... um there are so many circumstances.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 9:40 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It hurts really really really bad-so bring people that will understand your pain and help you concentrate.
    As for labor- they starve you Lol
    No but really, the nurses is all I really delt with the whole time, they came in checked me every hour or so, checked my cervix and what not every two hours and 18 hours later right before I popped him out the doctor came in just to "catch" the baby-
    Trust your nurses because there the real people that get you through it!
    P.s Bring snacks, becase the only thing they will let you eat is ice chips!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:41 PM on May. 21, 2009

• For everybody it's different. You don't need to hear other peoples horror stories. All that is going to do is make you more nervous than you already are. I will tell you what they do while your in labor. Mainly they hook you up to an iv (at least for me anyway), get you comfortable, and check your cervix and vitals. Some places have tubs that you can take a bath in to ease the pain and help you relax. At some point you'll get an epidural if you want one.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• If your going to bring snacks bring them for other people. The reason you can only eat ice chips is because in case you have to have a c-section or anything you don't have food in your stomach. Also a lot of people get sick during transition.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I had an emergency Ccection-I ate snacks, and they didnt stop me!
    My ma was scared they would pump my stumic because I ate, and they didn't and I turned out fine!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Well, my first delivery was wonderful! No pain, no sweat, just pressure on my whooha. I had a functioning epi so it was really good.

My second was pain med free, but I was given a much too severe dose of pitocin. My stomach felt like it was on fire and my birth canal felt like it was being cut in half with a rusty, dull chain saw, while being kicking in the back with steel toe boots.

Sorry, that's the truth no one told me about.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 9:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• omg, way to scare the girl! LOl
    yes it hurts-but we tend to OVER exsagerate it a bit- dont get freaked out, dont get scared-
    being scared is what makes it hurt more, go in there with the attitude like you know its gonna hurt and your ready for it, thats how I made it though my labors, and I was suprised that it wasnt as bad as I expected it to be..
    but rusy chain saw, thats a bit of an over reach! Lol
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Every labor is different.
    I myself and a completely natural labor, and I honestly didn't think it was terrible. I mean, yea it hurts like hell! But it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
    Educate yourself and know what's going on with your body, and know your options. Don't let ANYBODY gear you away from what you want out of your birth experience.
    And as far as what they do to you, it depends on your circumstances.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:36 PM on May. 21, 2009

• okay well the book doesnt tell you any of this stuff. they just say its gonna hurt liek hell. YES IT DOES! but liek the above post....if you go in there with a good attitude and you KNOW its gonna hurt...your better off. thats what i did and all the nurses said i did extremely well. practice your kegals cuz they had to do a crash course on that as i was about to push. the only thing that REALLY hurt well...a few things (tylenol bein put thru an iv felt like FIRE! and of course pushing the baby out hurt) but what reaally hurt was my baby was pushing on my anal canal so like omg i acnt even explain it. i was crying. it was just so much pressure. but haha i remember...right before i pushed i was like omg no turning back now. and u just gotta do it. thats all there is. no turning back. just do it. and in the middle of contractions i swear..all i oculd think about was FOOD! before u go to teh hospital EAT bc they wont let u!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I got an epidural, but before that my contractions felt like the worst diaherra/menstral cramps in the WORLD.

Didn't feel anything after the epidural though. I never would have made it, lol..
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:02 PM on May. 21, 2009