Should I let my MIL watch my daughter?

My 7 month old daughter has extreme stranger anxiety with anyone that isn't me or my husband. Well my son has his annual cub scouting camp out this weekend and I am nervous about letting my MIL watch my daughter. She has babysat her in the past and she was fine, but for the past two months anytime she even held my daughter, Susie would start bawling! If my daughter freaked out I wouldn't be able to come and get her seeing as how the camp is hours away. I don't know what to do!

suchbigwords

Asked by suchbigwords at 9:40 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you should go camping and know your daughter will be ok. She will be just fine- you may even be surprised to find that she won't even cry long after you are out of sight. And, it's a great time for baby and grandma to bond.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:52 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I would go if I were you...do you HAVE to go? I'd be freaking out the entire weekend.
    Anonymous

• ^^^ meant to say I WOULDN'T go
    Anonymous

• Can u take her with?
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:06 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't leave a seven month old overnight. Especially if I knew she freaked every time mil held her.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Do you trust your MIL to keep her cool and meet every single one of your daughter's needs? Do you trust her, wholly? If so, yes. I see no problem with leaving her with your MIL. But I would, however, visit your MIL for a few hours so your daughter can get comfortable with your MIL, and right before you leave. Once you leave, she may cry a little bit, but if she is comfortable with Grandma, she will get over it fairly quickly. I had to do this often with my step-MIL. And she is the only one I trust with my son, besides my own mother.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:58 PM on May. 21, 2009