Puppies eye is swollen

Last night I noticed my puppy had a red bubble in the lower corner of his eye. We didnt know what was wrong with it we think it might be a bug bit. Today It started to get swollen on the bottom of his eye and it started to bug him. We have antibiotics that an eye doctor told us to put on his eye but nothing is gettin better to me its getting worse. Is it possible it might be something else or could it just be a bug bit and nothing to really worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pets

• A vet eye doctor? Poor puppy!!! I know humans can get eye styes. Don't know about animals. Gosh if it's a bubble instead of a solid bump maybe an abcess since it's red too. Call your vet is it getting worse?
    Anonymous

• If your pet was already on eye meds and you think it looks worse then you need to go in for a recheck as soon as possible. Some meds have cortisone in them ans can make some problems like a scratch worse rather than better. Or it just may be really itchy and he has irritated it more by messing with it. Either way I would check with your family vet.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• maybe allergies, try some regular benadryl. it's safe for dogs, i give it to mine when he gets into stuff in the yard sometimes.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:26 AM on May. 25, 2009