anyone ever used a heart beat listener while pregnant?

were you able to hear your babies heart beat and how soon did it work??

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 10:02 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I bought one. Never heard a thing. I did figure out a good use for it though - an inexpensive stethoscope for listening to regular heartbeats.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I used a bebe sounds one at about 6 months along. I loved it! I bought it on a whim at a garage sale, and I think it worked so great for me because I was so far along.
    suchbigwords

Answer by suchbigwords at 10:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• We used one and it didnt seem to work too great! I think that we could hear the heart beat at like 18 or 20 weeks... who knows though, I have heard from other people that they have heard it sooner! Maybe we had different brands or something!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 10:04 PM on May. 21, 2009

• we bought one and it didn't work too well. we thought we heard a heartbeat like once or twice but it was pretty much a waste of money.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I bought one but it was only 25 at babies-R-us, it didnt work at all for me, but I am a little Heafty it might work if your skinnier-
    I've heard from more than one person though its a waist-infact my doctor told me I would be better off waiting until 7 months and buying a stethascope for 10 dollars Lol
    good luck though, I hope it works for you!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• You can buy an actual doppler which will get the heartbeat at about 13 weeks, those are like the ones the doctor's use angelsounds makes one and you can buy it brand new on ebay for pretty cheap. Although some people will warn not to use it too often. But those other cheap $20 are just sound magnifiers and are meant to be used in the last trimester I believe. Some people say they work, but most people I have talked to say they don't work very well at all.
    Anonymous

• I had a doppler. I could hear the heart beat at 12 weeks I believe.

If you're going to spend the money on a doppler, get a good one. I haven't heard much of the ones under $100 working well.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I did have one for my third pregnancy and it was wonderful - it worked very well. I bought it during my second trimester and I could hear the heartbeat right away. The model I had bought was back during 1993, though, so I'm sure they are much improved now.

My daughter had complications during her pregnancy and was worried one day when she didn't feel the baby move at all, so I used my stethoscope to listen for the fetal heartrate and I think the stethoscope worked much better than the machine I had back in 1993. It put her mind at ease when she listened to the heartbeat, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• no I haven't never used a heartbeat listener before
    Charitygail

Answer by Charitygail at 9:06 AM on May. 27, 2009

• i had one of those bebe sounds ones and it did nothing for me, heard nothing.
    littletsunshine

Answer by littletsunshine at 9:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010