ok so im 18 n pregnant with my 1st child..What changes 2 my body n life can i exspect?

ellamarie32208

Asked by ellamarie32208 at 10:35 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first baby, my breasts grew a little but after i had my daughter my hips got wider! lol
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 10:42 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i had my son at 18. everything will change. emotionally and physically. at least it did for me.

i had a c section so now even if i lose weight there's a big scar and my stomach is shaped funny. my boobs which were already big got bigger then when i stopped breastfeeding they got droopy ish. for about 6 months after my son was born it was excruciatingly painful to have intercourse.

if you're like me your motherly instinct will kick in and every time you hear about a kid in danger you will be on the brink of tears.

but despite all this stuff that seems negative, it was so worth it. when i look at my little boy i never thought a person could love someone so much. they are your life. they spit up on you and drool on you and poop on you and cry at inconvenient times but they will be the love of your life.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:48 PM on May. 21, 2009

• well im pregnant with twins... but my boobs grew two sizes I have gained 65 lbs. it has definitely been an emotional roller coaster, I got stretch marks on my boobs. on my stomach and i even rubbed on cocoa butter like everyone said and still got them ( so if you're bound to get them you will no matter what you do) your last trimester SUCKS!!! your feet swell, you just want that baby out!! cause you are so uncomfortable
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:51 PM on May. 21, 2009

• EVERYTHING! You body- well first of all you'll have pregnancy symptoms like sickness and cravings. Your body will begin to grow, you may even get stretch marks so use lots of creams (coco butter maybe). Your breasts will get bigger and even tender. You'll gain weight which can be good between 15-25lbs is about right depending on if youre underweight now or not. As far as your life, your life will now be based around your babies schedule. You'll need baby things a room, you'll need to decide weather to breast or formula feed. You'll need to find a children's doctor to see. You're whole world will change and it'll be for the better. I was 18 when I had my first. I'm now almost 22 and i have two children, the best thing to ever happen to me. You are welcome to message me anytime. Read books, magazines, talk to people who have/had children. Cafemom is a great place to learn about all sorts of parenting styles. Hang in there!
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:53 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Uh, life will be gone as you know it. You have no freedom with a child unless you pay for care. You have to be responsible and that cuts out a lot of the fun until they are 18. But they are wonderful and will teach you so much and you'll find compassion and love you didn't know you had. Body changes are as listed above. I'd make an effort not to put on too much weight so that it'll come off faster and you'll get back to your old self again. Boobs don't always sag, crotch doesn't always gape after birth, some get stretch marks and some don't, it's all about your genes and where you stand to begin with. Hips widen and move back into place.
    Anonymous

• if you have mommy friends than your life wont seem like it came to a screeching hault because your friends will be in the same boat, if you have friends that dont have kids sometimes you may find yourself wishing you could be irresponsible like them too
    Anonymous