Scared about my pregnany???

At the start of my pregnany I was told that my baby could have something wrong with her; we were devasted so we decided to have an amnio done. Thank God my results came back with normal results for all the test they ran,but now I just keep thinking something bad is going to happen. So if anyone has any encouraging words it would really be appreciated

hotmamma09

Asked by hotmamma09 at 10:50 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sweetie, I can understand your concerns and who wouldn't be concerned about the health of their baby, if the test came back normal I would be somewhat relieved because that is the most extensive test that they can do.....but have they done the anatomy of the baby yet, that is where they go in and measure all of the baby's body parts and from certain measurements they can also tell whether your baby will have DS, spina bifida, and other abnormalities....But I hope and pray that your lil one is ok....I honestly this that he/she is ok.
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 10:54 PM on May. 21, 2009

• this may not be what your looking for hon, but you should ALWAYS hope for the best and be prepaired for the worst.
    Amnio tests have false positves and negitives all the time, thats not to say something will go wrong with your baby, but there is ALWAYS that chance...
    I'm only saying this because it would be heart breaking if something did happen, a birth defect or what not and you hadn't prepaired yourself-
    I'm sure things will be fine, but keep an open mind and and open heart and pray after all thats all we really can do-
    hugs mama
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:55 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I just went throw all of that. The sonograms the blood work. The amino. My results for my amino just came back to day and everything was fine. You just had an amino if those results come back fine you are fine. Don't stress. Just prepare for the baby. I know exactly how you feel. Like now you are unsure of the whole situation. Just relax the hard part is over.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 10:58 PM on May. 21, 2009

• The amino is 99 percent accurate. The rest are bull with alot of false neg and so on.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 10:59 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Dont worry mama things will be just fine! i will pray for u. im going through it NOW that my baby is 19 months and has to go throught surgery to remove a cyst in her neck! but im taking it one day at a time and im praying that everythying will go good. so just look at the bright side the test came back normal! so just keep your head up AND THINK POSITIVE! good luck to u and your family.
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 11:00 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My aunt was told her baby was going to need a kidney transplant. She was told that through her whole pregnancy. He was born on August 30th a healthy 8 pound baby boy! Good luck! =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:00 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I want to say thanx to everyone that has responded to my question i really appreciate all the prayers and positive answers it does help alot. I would like to keep in touch with u guys so send me a friend invite
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 10:57 PM on May. 22, 2009