Nursing Career...How do I get started???

I have decided that I would like to go to school to become a nurse, but, I have no idea where to start. I really don't know what type of medical field I'd like to be a nurse for. I just know I would like to maybe assist at this point and just get my foot in the door. So can anyone give me advice on where to start looking? How do I find a good school? How long does it take to get my degree? I've heard I could get it in less than a year. Are there scholarships out there for SAHM's? Any help please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Health

• It will take 5 years and I doubt you will get a scholarship right off the bat. You need to go to a community college and take your pre reqs (usually 2.5-3 years to complete). You HAVE to maintain a GPA that is very high where I live (3.8) in order to get into a good school. After you take your pre reqs you can apply to nursing school which is when you'd get scholarships.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Start with a community college; the financial aid office will help you get started. Depending on your state, you can become an RN though a state university or a hospital program. www.fastweb.com is a great resource for scholarships

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 AM on May. 22, 2009