How much is normal for 31 weeks?

Hello :) So I am 31 weeks and I have noticed that my baby doesn't move as much anymore. I mean I do feel something at least everyday but it's just not as much anymore. I know she probably doesn't have as much room anymore but is it too soon to be slowing down on movement? THanks!

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 11:03 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt mine about IDK 8-12 times a day- sometimes even for up to 20 mins just kicking and rolling over- if you have decresed fetal movement drink a coke lay on your left side and do kick counts- than call your OB- I would say only feeling him once a day at 31 weeks isnt normal at all-
    dont worry though, every baby is diff
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:05 PM on May. 21, 2009

• . What is considered normal Kick Count?

Most healthy babies should take less than 2 hours for 10 kicks. Every baby is different. Keeping track of Kick Count sessions will allow you to know what is "normal" for your baby. Notify your provider if your baby has not moved 10 times in 2 hours or the baby has sustained significant changes.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I was told that she should still be moving five times an hour. But my little girl only moves that much when she's awake..lol So as long as she's moving everything fine. If your concerned I've been told you can drink a caffinated soda (preferably cola) and lay on your left side. The baby should start "jumping" around within a few minutes and you'll know everything is great. I don't know if that still works if you drink soda often though...
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 11:07 PM on May. 21, 2009

• When do I contact my obstetrical provider?

Call your provider if your baby has less than 10 movements in 2 hours
    Call your provider if your baby has a significant or sudden change in movements.
    Do not wait for 24 hours when there is no fetal movement or significant changes in the movements.
    When in doubt, contact your provider.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:08 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It could be that he is moving at times of the day and you may not notice because you may be doing something. What I used to do was lay on my back and he would start moving like crazy so hope this helps :)
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 11:15 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I am as far along as you and sometimes I notice the same thing---and I tell you what-- I just had a bowl of icecream and he went crazy inside of me!!!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:07 AM on May. 22, 2009