Lightheadedness

I'm 38 weeks. I woke up from a nap and even when I sit down I am lightheaded. It has been this way for the past 2-3 hours. Is this just a normal part of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ist normal for some people to get lightheaded and/or dizzy but if your worried call your doc.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:20 PM on May. 21, 2009

• light headedness is the FIRST sign of low blood pressure, which can be normal in pregnancy- drink LOTS of fluids, eat something and if its not better call your ob!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• It's the blood pressure.. I forgot what my doctor called it.. Drink lots of fluids, and keep a healthy snack nearby (I love granola!) eat a bit before you sit or stand up and when you do sit or stand.. do so slowly.. you have 40-50% more blood flowing through you than normal so when you sit or stand too fast the blood rushes from your head to the rest of your body.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:44 PM on May. 21, 2009