can i take formula on a plane?

I will be traveling to South carolina uin july to a family reunion wil i able able to take formula for my 8 mnth old on carry on and in my suitcases? does anyone know?

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 11:17 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Travel

• why wouldnt you be able to?!?!? your feeding your kid!! maybe you should think before you speak that question is ridiculous
    Anonymous

• Cans of power, not bottles of liquid. And you will need to get bottled water from the flight attendants on the plane or you may be able to purchase some at the shops past security. You cannot get through security with bottle of liquid that contain more than 2 oz.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:18 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Legitimate question, ANON:18. Way to be a bitch.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:19 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Okay. You can take bottles!! Already pre mixed with formula. A reasonable amount for the time you are flying. If your going to be in the air for two hours you cant take ten bottles!! LOL.

But you could take four. Ya see?

I know this from experience. Dont listen to them!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• anon 11:18, why would u be so rude why do u have to post as anon how lame is that i was wondering if it had to be eithe rliquid formula or powder because i had heard that opened cans on the plane was not allowed. Ive never traveled before with my daughters. Its just a question no need to get all rude! geez..
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 11:23 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i just came from a flight a few days ago. and yes. if you want to premake it or bring cans of powdered formula its fine.

just be sure to claim it at the security check point. bring whatever you need for the baby, juice, water, milk. snacks.

remember, they will never, and should never, ask you to taste test it. but they might ask to test it under a machine or litmus type of test.

this is what i looked at before i flew out: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

& http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:24 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Thanks MommyofAurora and mom1stepmom1 I appreciate it. It will be an 8 hour flight. Thanks Ladies! :o)
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• some people are just bitchy.
    get a life. you obviously dont know what youre talking about..
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I only say this because when my sister booked her flight yesterday to come home for 4th of July, this is what the airline listed as their stipulations. I have never actually flown with a baby before, but my niece that is coming out will be 9 months by then. But I asked her because I was curious because I knew we weren't allowed to take on my son's allergy medication in the bottle, we had to dose it into a smaller travel medicine spoon. We packed his bottle into his suitcase. So I figured they would have some crazy policy against this too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:25 PM on May. 21, 2009

• thanks r.e.l.s.m.o.m!!! :o)
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 11:26 PM on May. 21, 2009