So What do u think of naming your son "john" if its your boyfriend and your brothers name?

My friend is naming her son john and she doesn't really like the name but her boyfriend wants to name him after him. I think she should come up with a name kinda like john but NOT john. It will be confusing when the 3 of them are all together. any ideas

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 11:18 PM on May. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call him by a nick name. Jack is a nick name for John. Or maybe try his initials-either his first initial and second or first and last.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:21 PM on May. 21, 2009

• i agree. Imagine when someone calls him lol.
    "can i speak to john?" Who the #^$&^* is this?
    "its his gf"
    ooooh my sons gf, not my husbands. lol
    confusing on sooo many levels im sure :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• My husband and my son are both Michael. My husband's best friend is a Michael. In high school, these two were in a band with another guy named Michael and they had a female singer. They called themselves 3 Mikes and a She. It gets confusing, and honestly, my husband now regrets it. What about Jonah?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:22 PM on May. 21, 2009

• Jonas, John, Jonathon how about that? If the mom at least and maybe father too and others keep calling baby by his entire first name, not a nickname people will be able to speak the different names.
    Anonymous

• How about using John for the middle name instead.
    Anonymous

• or why not give the kid a name that is more unique?!.. and not common in the first place!
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Personally, I LOVE the name John. I know its traditional and not unique but its special to me. Probably because it was my grandfathers name and i was close to him. I can see what you mean about John and John. My hubby's name is Yohan (which means John). Not sure if people like that name. Depending on the middle name they pick, they can go with nicknames like JC, JJ, JD etc.
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 12:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• How about John something with a different middle name? Call him by the middle name. Or JJ, JD, JC, JP, JW?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:34 PM on May. 22, 2009