did your sex life change a lot after the baby was born? I NEED some tips please HELP!!!!!!!

not much action in the bedroom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• It did change at first. I really had to "just do it" in order to get back in the groove again. It was the last thing I wanted due to absolutely no libido, sleepyness, and feeling ugly. But sex begetts MORE sex so I think it is beneficial to just get into it. Say yes baby, lets do it, and then don't just lay there. Put your all into it and usually you'll genually start loving it again. 8 months later I'm enjoying sex again and I even LOVE my new curves in the right AND the wrong places. I had to really psychology realize that these stretch marks and extra fat and not the body I had before is a GREAT thing because its a symbol of life and real womanhood! Good luck mama!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It changes,because your body has been through alot it needs to heal and chemical changes as well. Then there's the little bundle of joy, lack of sleep is a huge reason why... you just feel exhausted I have my husband and he helps so much, but it still takes alot out of both of us. I'm not as into it as I was, but slowly but surly I'll get back to where I was and so will you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Did he watch the baby come out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I think there is almost no way around a change like that.

Look at it this way:

1. You aren't getting the time to sleep and take care of yourself like you once did.
    2. Your hubby or SO isn't able to come home to a quiet home to relax in and watch TV after a hard day (neither are you if baby is in day care!)
    3. You have a very demanding house "guest" who somehow sucks up a lot of free time!

Like any new change of lifestyle, having a new person in your home will take some adjustment. It will get a WHOLE lot better once your baby is sleeping through the night and you have readjusted your family schedule.

Don't give up. Even if you're exhausted, try really hard to plan for once a week. Yes, I said plan. I know it seems to take away from the romance, but once a week is more romantic than no times a week.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:24 AM on May. 22, 2009

• yes he saw the baby coming out after 36 hours of labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 22, 2009

• All normal, really. Actually, it's usually MOM who has no interest! **grin**

Make a regular date, but be flexible if there are baby needs to be met. Get creative...who says you need to be in the bedroom? And so on.

Above all...don't worry excessively over it. Hubby is normal and while things will never be exactly what they were (they can't...you two are two new people now), you will find they get BETTER.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Why do you think it changed? Are you the one that is not interested or is it him? Why dont you start the action in the bedroom... get a sitter... and get some action!!! You cant just wait for him... sometimes you gotta take control!!! :) Good luck!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:17 AM on May. 22, 2009