Personal question...

I am 40, dh is 37. We are done having kids. We have all we are going to have. I have thought about a tubal ligation but I procrastinated so long that dh wants to have a vasectomy. It breaks my heart to be done with babies and childbirth, but I am really done. I don't want another surgery, so dh is willing and I want him to do it. What has been your experience with vasectomies (with your dhs or bfs?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• It was the best decision of our life! Noooooooooooo more hormonal birth control!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I knew a guy who did it. a year later he has 2 more kids.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 12:34 AM on May. 22, 2009

• One of our friends had a "vasectomy day" with two buddies; they rented a limo, and got snipped at the same office; they went back to one of their houses and spent the day (with ice packs) watching movies and eating junk food.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My husband has had 2 vasectomies. The first was done while I was pregnant with our 4th child. He did all the post surgery tests and everything came back clear. Twenty six months after the surgery I delivered our daughter. The doctor did more tests on hubby and found out that somehow, some way, the vasectomy had healed itself, even after cutting, burning and clamping the ends of the vas deferens. Hubby's second surgery involved general anesthetic and removal of sections of the vas, along with more clamping and burning. It's been 9 years since then, and no more babies!!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:33 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I refuse to let my husband do it. Too many times the tubes regrow so it reverses itself. I have also heard of men having problems later in life due to it like ED, prostate cancer chances increase, pain, etc. This is why I am going to get the Essure procedure done when possible. It isn't surgery but I will the one fixed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:21 AM on May. 22, 2009

• A Vas is SOOOOO much easier than you having something done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on May. 23, 2009