Does Medicad pay for a ambulance ride?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:16 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Alysia call your OB- tell them EXACTLY what your feeling if he says come in, than you need to call 911 tell them your alone and believe your in labor and have no ride- they WILL transport you.
    but think about this before you jump the gun, last time I went there thnking I had contractions I was wrong, and about an hour later after watcing the moniters they sent me home- an an EMT wont take you home LOL
    but if your tummy is REALLY honestly getting hard and your not just having period cramps u need to get check out!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Only for true emergencies.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I always make it a policy to never call an ambulance, just call the fire department rescue if you need help. They have the training to make a judgement call on this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Medicade pays for it- as long as its not a headache and you couldnt get a ride for some pain meds- LOL
    they'll cover you
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Oh...duh. FOrgot to answer the question. Medicaid is supposed to pay for what you can't afford. But in this case I don't think they will unless it is a true emergency. What constitutes a true emergency is tenuous. Go to your states website to look it up if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i dont have a way to get to the hospital im 14 weeks pregnant and i think im having contractions
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Yeah, call your OB/GYN doc hon, but if it isn't labor, the ambulance won't take you home afterwards.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• they will if you NEED it..if ur in labor you need it...but they wont take u home...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:46 AM on May. 22, 2009