Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)???

I'm wanting to become a CNA and have no idea where to start. What is required of me? Do go to a community college or somewhere else? Do I need to complete any college before attending any CNA classes? What do I do?!?!?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • You can go to your local adult school for CNA. Or I think community college.

    Answer by prettyrayray at 12:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

  • Contact your local community college. You have to take a prep test, which is like 8th grade english, I passed it the first time, and so did everyone else I know.

    I just want to ask though. Do you really know what a CNA does? My SO is one, and hates it. Alot of people get into it thinking its something else. It can be a good paying job, and the school is fast/easy too. I'd just recommend really looking into what it is before you spend your money. If you have questions I'd be more that happy to answer them!!!

    Good Luck!!!!

    Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:18 AM on May. 22, 2009

  • Community college is the best way to start any program. They are there to educate, not make money for their shareholders.
    One you have your CNA and are working, you really should consider continuing your schooling and becoming an RN; there is a nursing shortage in this country; hospitals have great benefits, and you can get a job virtually anywhere in the world.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on May. 22, 2009

  • A lot of nursing homes will certify you in training. If you knew of a place you wanted to work, find out if they do the CNA training right there.

    Answer by dearone07 at 8:53 AM on May. 22, 2009

  • CNA do not make a lot of money.I hated it you are at the bottom of the nursing field.You can go to a community college.You can go to a private school like I did.I suggest you go for lvn they pay more.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 22, 2009

  • Most LPN/LVN/RN/PT/OT programs now require you to get your CNA/STNA certification first. Pretty much CNA is the person who does everything for usually elderly people that you would do for your baby. I am almost an STNA but trying to go into dialysis training.


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.