Is my kid normal or should I be worried???

Okay my son is three years old and has serious behavioral issues. I don't know how to control him anymore. I've tried spanking him time-outs and everything else, I've even asked the doctor is something wrong with him. When he gets around a doctor or a therapist he acts like the perfect little angel, but at home (and other public places) he's EVIL. He has tried to choke me as well as his little cousin several times. Sometimes I wake up and he's just standing over me with a devilish smile and other times he;s talking in his sleep about the things he's going to do to people. Recently he has started saying that he's going to kill me aand to be honest I'm kind of scared. We sleep in the same room and I can't really go to sleep at night. I don't know if maybe I'm just a little crazy for thinking this way about my child that I love so much, what do I need to do to help him with these problems???????

mommy1572905

Asked by mommy1572905 at 12:19 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That is scary. Have you told the doctor these things? I think if you made it clear you are worrried about safety they will take you seriously. The what ifs are just too scary. Poor momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Honestly. This is something where you take your kid to a special doctor that specializes in this behavior. Do not take this lightly. I am concerned for you, and am curious about how at 3 years old he is learning this type of behavior? Where do you think he is learning it? This is something that your doctor is unfamiliar with, so do some research on your own. Good Luck!
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:36 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Perhaps find a therapist and have others that witnessed his behaviors also testify so you feel your not alone when you approach doctors and what not. Seriously I would get your son into counseling.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 8:24 AM on May. 22, 2009

• YES YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED, THERAPY MIGHT HELP, BUT IT IS DEFENITELY NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR.

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• where would your child learn this stuff? my son is 3 and he doesnt talk about killing people or try to choke people. obviously he is learning something somewhere, kids dont just know that stuff. i would find a specialist and fast. and if they dont believe u, go to another, and another, and so on until u get the help u need! good luck!
    artsymama1

Answer by artsymama1 at 9:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well, he obviously has the upper hand. Being that he knows when to behave and act like an angel and when he can be nasty and vicious. A 3 yr old that tells you hes going to kill you is a serioius indication of disturbing behavior. I know what I would do if I was in your shoes, but it has to do with how I believe and my faith, so it likely doesnt pertain to you. Definitely take him to see a behavioral doctor.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• At the age of 3 I have a hard time believing he knows what KILL actually means. Have you been watcing violent movies or cartoons? I am curioous to know if there are older children in your home. Kids don't usually mean to hurt someone, there is an issue of jealousy or something going on. The fact that he can act right at times tells me he is playing you like a fiddle. I would ask your doctor for a reference to a child psychologist ASAP. I have a feeling you have quite the high IQ child, that is going to need a little different style of parenting.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• he's 3 and needs to be evaluated. not happy that other moms are asking where he learned this behavior, etc., etc., etc., and placing the blame on you.....because its not your fault. your not alone and once you have him evaluated, you will find out whats going on and feel better, safer and happier; and so will your son.
    dcamama

Answer by dcamama at 8:31 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Okay I think I may have given the wrong impression of my son on this question. Yes he does say and do these things but he's really nice and loving too. I did take him to get evaluated and the only thing the doc said was that he was really smart and he was reacting to me being pregnant again. Now that I'm not ( I lost the baby) he's full of love again and doesn't really do those evilish things anymore. I thank everyone for their advice and hope to hear more of it as I post new journals ect....
    mommy1572905

Answer by mommy1572905 at 10:46 PM on May. 23, 2009