what is the most that you would pay for a hotel room

We have been trying to plan a large group trip for this summer. There is a HUGE range of acceptable room prices

So what is the most you would pay for a standard 2 queen room

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 12:23 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The most would be $300, but only for a special occasion. I don't like cheap motels anymore, so we get a mid range one like Best Western for about $150.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Two queen beds in a room...if in a four star, in California or some other expensive state...
    $ 160-250 a night. (This depends on where the hotel is located. A hotel near a major attraction, like Disneyland or Napa Valley would go for that much or more....one in Bakersfield, CA....maybe half that.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:28 AM on May. 22, 2009

• well I work at a hotel and I can tell you personal experience shows about any hotel will haggel with you, if you walk in and say how much and they say $90, say never mind I'll go down the street and they usually will stop you.
    otherwise if you just ask them forward and they say $90 and you say sorry I only have $60 usually more often than not they will give you the room- it doesnt work the same way for reservations though- so if your planning on making a reservation dont bother trying to talk them down unles a its more than 3 rooms- than you can try to talk them down on a reservation
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Between $100 - $120.
    It depends on the ammenities, too, that come along with the room and the type of hotel.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:32 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It simply depends on where its at and what it offers. I have paid $250 for a qn room and as little as $89. If its in a highly touristy area during peak season then your going to pay more than if it were just a spot in the road in the middle of Jan. Does that make sense? We go to PC Beach every year and the same room is $300 in July and $129 in October.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2009