i have a really messed up back i was woundering besides cardio what can i do to lose weight?

remember my limit by the dcotor is 10lbs so it's hard for me and ideas?? PLEASE THANK YOU

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Pilates is great !!! it could also help you with your back problems, you should talk to your physician first though.

paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 6:11 AM on May. 22, 2009

• or Yoga? I'm not real familiar with yoga moves so you might better ask your doctor.

Of course, the easiest way to lose weight is to eat a "clean diet". Nothing special, just pure clean good quality protein choices with each meal (lean meats ((beef, chicken, fish)), nuts, eggs, dried beans), good steamed vegetables, fruit and one serving of starch.) If you keep your portions to normal size: Protein 2-4 oz., fruits and veg. 5-9 serv. a day and two servings of starch, you have a full diet.

Leaving off the junk foods like soda's, desserts, chips, fast food, pizza, etc. creates so much junk calories that the body stores it as fat. Its really not that hard to do, and will save the family plenty of good hard earned money, not to mention that eating this way saves the health not only for the parents but also for the children. ;) Try this along with your cardio and see what it will do for you.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:21 AM on May. 22, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. You will never learn portion control or healthy eating habits. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 AM on May. 22, 2009

• cut calories. drinks lot of water. lift weights. (more muscles means more fat burned). I walk a lot.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Swim!!! If will help you build muscles which will increase metabolism and burn more calories.
    If you can't swim any activity in chest deep water is great.
    Find a good core strenghtening phyisical therapist. I have back and other health issues and I started strenghtening my core with kegals for the first 4 weeks. After 4 months my pain level had dropped from a 7 to about a 2 or 3.
    I wouldn't do yoga or pilates without approval from a very good physical therapist.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:02 PM on May. 22, 2009