How old is to old to breastfeed?

How old do you think is to old to breasfeed? I plan to stop at about a year but I think its ok to go up to 2 if you really want to...its my personal opinion that past that is to much (we are all entitled to our opinions right?) NO RUDE COMMENTS PLEASE! If you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all..this is JUST for fun and I know people get really serious about this kinda stuff!

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 12:34 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. I would never go over a year but I guess if I heard someone was still breastfeeding a 2 year old, that wouldn't be too weird. I think once the child can actually ask you for a drink and walk up to your boob, than that is too old and becomes a little creepy. JMO though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Personally I think God gave us breasts to feed our children not to use in fourplay- I do think its rather odd when you here or see a child thats over the age of 3 breast feeding still- not that its wrong, or gross, or indecent, however I feel at a certin point its time to cut the apron strings and let your child go, I think mothers that still breast feed past the age of three are doing it more for them selfs than the child in question, its like walking down the street and a mother making a snide remark that a 4 or 5 year old still has a binky, is it right?
    Prolly not- its somthing that eventually must we weined off of because its just there for comfort at that Point
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Ash9724: "I think once the child can actually ask you for a drink and walk up to your boob, than that is too old and becomes a little creepy. JMO though."

lol agreed!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:39 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My mom gave me the best quote ever on this topic - she was talking about a friend of hers that breastfed a four year old. She said, "When they're old enough that you have to have a conversation about stopping, they are too old."
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I think every mother and child should make that decision on their own regardless of the intent or emotions behind it. I think there are many benefits of extended breastfeeding, but each person will have to come to that choice and live with whatever they decide. Its not really my place to even have an opinion on it if its not going on in my household.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:34 AM on May. 22, 2009

• In fact, I think its those that DON"T have the issue going on in their household that have the MOST opinion. This is just about true for every topic. If youve never experienced it, then I don't believe anyone wants to hear from you. Really.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:35 AM on May. 22, 2009