What do I need to do to get my son prepared for preschool?

Nicole102984

Asked by Nicole102984 at 12:37 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You will find a lot of stuff at ABCTEACH.com and EnchantedLearning.com. Make sure they play alot and practice fine motor skills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Buy him a backpack.

That's about it. Preschool teachers expect the kids not to know ABC's, numbers, colors and shapes, etc. Along with those things, they will start phonics, parts of books, basic math concepts, some sight words, social skills, etc.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You need to buy some patience and consistency. I just by workbooks I find at bookstores and buy several so that each day we focus on one Letter, One Letter Sound, One number, one color and so forth. Consistency will help them remember it better and faster.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 8:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My daughter was in Early Intervention for speech delay and she recently started Prek back in March actually n I am a young mom and shes my oldest daughter and I was really unaware of what to expect from PreK and my best advice is to stay active in his/her class. Communicate as best as u can with the teacher. To prepare I would work on colors and numbers and atleast saying their name...my daughter was again speech delayed but she still says her name is Lini when its Angelina. Best thing to do is just not rush them but encourage them to learn things like abcs n colors bc my daughter has been in class for 2 mos a lil over that and she nows says that colors but still not aware and your child may not have a speech delay to slow them down but the only thing we can do as parents is work with them and make it as fun as possible:) Goodluck!* sorry for rambling!:)
    MamaOf3Girls09

Answer by MamaOf3Girls09 at 1:40 PM on May. 22, 2009