Do you judge another's housekeeping? I judge myself (justifyably. I am a terrible housekeeper) but don't judge others on this.

When you walk into another womans house do you judge her housekeeping skills? I am a very busy, very sick woman. I have let things slide because certain things are not important to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never judge.... I have no room too! My husband and I both work full time, and are both messy by nature, so we have to set aside time to clean... and it happens less often than it should. Instead of cleaning this weekend, we decided to go camping with family. So, not really in the position to judge.
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 12:55 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I kinda of judge, I have this one friend who is home all day & her house is just dirty to me & want to just clean it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I won't say never but, I am a slob and I truly don't care how a person's house looks except for one thing, food and dirty dishes. That is the one thing that will bug me. If there is food on things or dirty dishes everywhere.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:43 AM on May. 22, 2009

• LOL! I don't judge persay, I just look and hope that she is a worst housekeeper then I am. Sad to say I have never walked into a home messier then mine. I should even add dirty and the weeds growing in the cracks of my driveway, Blah! My sons Godmother has a messy house but her house is LIVED IN! She has 5 kids and a husband. Here it is just me and my son and it is messy.
    I hate my housekeeping skills. It is my biggest flaw. A messy house is a sign of no control and I am in that mode right now. I look at things and just put them on the backburner. : (
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I am a HUGE neat freak and my mom is the complete opposite. I cannot STAND to be in her house because I always end up cleaning. I don't judge the person based on if their house is clean or not, but I will say I am uncomfortable in other people's homes when they are messy. I'm like borderline OCD though so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm an OCD neat freak. And I know not everyone is, but I don't see how some people sleep at night the way their houses looks. I will judge people on how their house looks, but I have never said something to anyone cuz I really don't want to hurt anyones feelings. It's just I probably wont go back there. Worst thing than a dirty house, is a clean one that smells. Thats a big NO for me right there. Clean house, must have a clean smell!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:12 AM on May. 22, 2009

• The only judgements I make is that the family may need help. usually I think folks are over stressed and stuff like that. I don't like messy homes that make me worry about safety or if the family is okay, but I don't like overly neat homes that don't feel lived in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't judge, but if I walk into a house that is obviously filthy, smells disgusting or of cigarette smoke, and has garbage everywhere, then I would not step foot in that house again.
    If I go to someone's house and there are toys and clothes on the floor, some dishes in the sink and on the counter, a full trashcan, but not overflowing, beds unmade, laundry not done, but not stacked to the ceiling, then I would feel moderately comfortable because I understand what it is to be a parent of children who keep you busy and you can't get to everything at once.
    If I walk into a house that was immaculate, not a speck of dust or an item out of place, then I would either think that they were rick enough to hire a maid, did not have young children, or did not have children at all. I'd feel uncomfortable sitting there because I'd be afraid of leaving lint behind or smooshing their sofa pillow.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:26 AM on May. 22, 2009