What is your religion/belief?

What made you decide to be what you are now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an atheist because I don't believe in any deities or an afterlife.  This life is all we have and we are on our own!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I"m Pagan. I decided on this path after trying out different Christian paths because I have always felt a strong connection to nature, and I could never make sense enough out of Christian teachings to really believe in it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I believe in Jesus my Lord and saviour,I believe the bible is the inspired word of God,I believe in the Holy Spirit.I believe there is a hell to shun and a heaven to gain.I believe God is love and that we should love.I believe we are living in the last days,and that everyone will know the truth.I pray Gods grace and mercy to those that have not recieved His sons salvation and that they will all have soften hearts and open ears to receive another oppurtuninty to know and accept the truth.I am not of a religion but a belief and a lifestyle(christian best states what I believe)My heart was open to recieve and God touched me.I was filled with the Holy Spirit evidence of speaking in tounges,and it was the most real experience I have ever experienced,and in 14 years of being saved I continue to experience the awesomeness of being saved,and thats why I believe what I believe because it is a real tangible experience to know Him.
    momof8gmaof2

Answer by momof8gmaof2 at 3:34 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Buddhism. After growing up Catholic, and researching many religions.. Buddhism made sense to me, and made me feel totally at peace with myself and my life. I don't believe any religion is right or wrong.. and Buddha is not a god, so I do not worship a deity. I live the most moral, healthy, good life I can.. and that's the best I can do.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 3:42 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Pagan.  When I was in middle school I started becoming interested in religion and asking questions.  My parents encouraged my to go find answers.  When I found Paganism, I realized that is what I had always been, I just never knew the name for it.  That was almost 14 years ago.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm a spiritual atheist. I loved the church I went to as a child, and loved the people there. But try as I might, I just couldn't believe that the things I was learning there was true. So as I got older I tried out a variety of other faiths. While they all were wonderful, I still didn't believe in them. Finally I realized that beliefs are individual and I didn't have to fit into a religion. Once I accepted what I really believe to be true I found my inner peace.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Buddhism. After much research, I found that Buddhism was pretty much what I believed all along. It is a philosophy as much as a religion and I am a much happier, more peaceful, more compassionate person when I am on that path. A lot of it is just plain common sense and it just makes sense to me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:14 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Satanist/atheist. I have pretty much always been an atheist, could just never believe in something with no proof. Then when I became curious about Satanism and started reading about it, I found that it described how I had always thought about things!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:05 AM on May. 22, 2009

• christian
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:05 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I was raised nondennominational christian. I researched and studied many different religions and although I found some of the others intreguing my belief system is the same
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:35 AM on May. 22, 2009