How do you?

How do you get a guy to realize he's not good enough for you, and will never meet your expectations, when you've already been in a relationship with him for years?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I know what you mean... I'm pretty much going through the same stuff. I know it's hard, but you are going to have to let him go. You can do what I did... give him a list of expectations, and give him a certain amount of time to try to come to terms with them... when he can't do it, then you know it's time to move on... if he can.. perhaps there is hope with working it out. I know in my case he didn't change.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• if you've been in a relationship for years why end it now?
    What mad you finally come to the decision that after all these years he is not good enough for you?
    Personally if he takes care of his family, is a good father, and keeps a job, and supports you through hard times hes good enough for me.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:23 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes and did you come to this realization just now?
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 2:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I know what your saying, some days I feel in the same boat!

and to judith visco, just because he takes care of his family, is a good father, keeps a job and supports you through hard times can be good enough for some people, but if you don't feel love and affection there it can be hard to stay in the relationship. A woman needs that too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It wasn't until we had a kid, that I actually opened my eyes, to his ways. I was a lot like him before the baby and now I have grown up, while he hasn't.
    Anonymous