Whats the best way to make mom friends i'm lonely ?

I'm just turned 20 this week . i have a 9 month old . i moved from new york city to texas and i only have one relative here i need friends.

bellamadre19

Asked by bellamadre19 at 5:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Depending on where you live you might have a Mom's Club that you could join to meet moms in your area. Heres the website to find out if you have one close by: http://www.momsclub.org/links.html

hope this helps.. hang in there you will find some new friends quick!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 7:11 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• oh I just thought of another way.. search on cafemom for a local group of moms that might be meeting in your area, if there isn't want, start one yourself, thrn search for moms that live near your zip code on cafemom and invite them... good luck..
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 7:14 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would try meetup.com, that's a a sight just for meeting up, and it's not just for moms! You can meet moms(I'm sure there is a local playgroup) but you can also meet people locally with the same interests! It's a free website! I've been on it for over a year and have met a lot of people and done lots of things! Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 7:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• There are many websites that can help you find moms. Some of these include www.themommiesnetwork.com, www.meetup.com, www.cafemom.com.First I suggest looking here on CM to see if there is a local group for your town or surrounding area. After that just search like crazy on the other sites. If you are more of an "in person" kind of woman, then you have to learn to really open your mouth and speak to people. Trust me, I know how absolutely hard it can be to talk randomly to other people. But remember that just as you want mom friends, so do LOTS of other mommies! I've even made a friend randomly in the grocery store. How? We both had kids about the same age, and we were looking for ripe bananas lol. My son was babbling to her daughter and then that got us to strike up a conversation (you know, the typical "Aw how old is she?" thing). By the time it was over we had exchanged numbers. Never be afraid to talk to other moms!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• have you tried to search for moms in your area through cafemom? i found a few just by doing that. another thing that you could try would be taking them to a large park a couple of times and strike up conversations with a few of the other parents that are there.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• go the library. Lots of moms there...attend a story time. Also check out meetup.com for local playgroups. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2008