Horrible Hip Pains.. Anyone one else have that going on?

I am 15 weeks pregnant and my hips hurt ALL the time.. I can barely wait for my husband to get home at night to massage them for me. Is this normal and does anyone know what to do for it?

coalminerslady

Asked by coalminerslady at 12:50 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal.. even though you are stille arly in your pregnancy, your body is prepping itself for labor by expanding the hips.. thats why our butts get so big when we are pregnant LOL... its normal though. try a warm bath and a massage and the thing that will REALLY make it go away?

having that baby... but dont do that for more months. :) congrats btw
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:56 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Ughhhh yessssss! They started though around 20 weeks when I was told you are supposed to stop sleeping on your back. So have been sleeping on my sides and my hips are shot. My right one constantly pops out of socket and my fiance has to roll me over very gently until it pops back in place. I feel your pain...literally. Haha the good news is that I am almost 30 weeks and they have basically stopped hurting. The right one still pops in and out of socket every now and then but the pain has gone down dramatically. I think my body is used to it now. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:05 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Oh I remember around then mine hurt SO bad. It went away though [:
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:14 AM on May. 22, 2009

• YES!!! i have that problem too!! i wake up several times a night to switch sides becuz my hips are hurting and they are always popping..theyre just widening so the baby can fit thru..its horrible tho, i feel your pain!! i cant wait to have mine (due tomarrow) so that it will go back to normal.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:01 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Oh and try to sleep tilted a little forward so that your not directly on your hips, or sleep with a pillow under your hip and one between your legs..thats wat i do and it helps so much..good luck!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:02 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Very very very common in pregnancy. You are a little early in the game to be going through this though :( Mine started early too. Your body releases relaxin to prepare your pelvis for birth and it can loosen things to where you feel pain in your hips, pubic bone, lower back or S.I. joint, etc. I strongly suggest seeing a chiropractor - especially one that is certified in the Webster technique. Also getting on all fours and doing hip rocking can help too. I have had it bad with both pregnancies and cannot tell you how much chiro care has helped :)
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 11:43 AM on May. 22, 2009