HOW DO I TELL MY MOM IM EXPECTING

IM 17 AND IM EXPECTING BUT I DONT KNOE HOW TO TELL MY MOM

LOKIS13

Asked by LOKIS13 at 1:12 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You were grown enough to have sex, you should be grown enough to tell your mom you're pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Don't wait too long to tell her.
    The longer you wait the worse it'll be.

I'm 17 (18 in 11 days) and I had to tell my mom.
    It wasn't easy, but let me tell you, I'm glad I got it over with early on.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• "Mom, I'm pregnant."

ANd then duck :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

• lol. Ati 13!

LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 1:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• well first off I would start taking school seriously, you cant spell want or know so I'm sure she will be upset when she hears the news, but if your old enough to have sex like an adult, you should be old enough to tell your parents. Yes, it will hurt her. Yes, she will get upset. Yes, you deserve to be yelled at for not coming to her sooner or being responsible and taking the ADULT step to protect yourself.
    if your big enough to have sex, decide to keep the baby, and make an account on cafemom to ask us, your big enough to walk up to your mom and tell her whats up and talk to her like an adult..
    Tell her you plan on finishing school, getting a job, and being responsible and than tell her you choice in keeping the baby-
    get it over with mama, your 17 act your age
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:27 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I have 2 teenagers not much younger than you (my dd is 15, and my ds is 16, with a 17 yr old gf). I can tell you, as a mom of teens, she is not going to be happy. In fact, she's probably going to be very upset, and very angry and disappointed, and sad for you, because this is going to be hard for you, and so many things in your life are now going to be so different than what she has probably imagined for you. BUT - you are her daughter, and, odds are, in the end, she is going to still love you, and while she will hurt for you, she's going to be there for you. Remember, not only is she your mom, but she's a woman who's been pg herself (assuming you aren't adopted). As your mom and as a woman - both sides of her loving you, in the end, I bet she's going to be there for you.

Again, not that she's not going to be upset, just that she will still love you.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

• cont

But, again, as a mom of teens, I can tell you that the longer you wait, the more upset she's going to be about it, because that would be saying to her that not only did this happen, but that you didn't feel you could go to her about it, and that you are probably not getting the medical attention you need during your pg.

I would suggest that you sit her down and just say to her "Mom, I have something I need to tell you that I know is going to upset you, but I really need you to hear me out and I really need your support right now." Then just say it. Or, if you think she's not going to take it well right off, write her a letter and tell her.

If, by any chance, you do think your mom is going to react badly and hurt you (if you are abused, etc), then get another adult to go with you, maybe a counselor from school.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• cont

Once you tell her, you're going to have a lot of choices you're going to have to make about a lot of things, and honestly, your Mom is most likely going to be the best person to talk to about them as you sort out what you're going to do.

Good luck, and hugs to you Sweetie!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:21 AM on May. 22, 2009

• To the person that said... 'Yes, you deserve to be yelled at for not coming to her sooner or being responsible and taking the ADULT step to protect yourself.' I was on birth control (one was the pill and the other was the depo shot) when I had BOTH of my children... the only way to MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET PREGO is to NOT have sex or to wait until you get your tubes tied but then again, I heard that getting your tubes tied doesnt guarantee no pregnancy either... who knows!
    I got pregnant at a young age too (18 years old) It was hard telling my mother... she even told me that I needed to give my daughter away to my brother who couldnt have kids... it hurt to hear that! It hurt to hear that she wouldnt support my decision to grow up and take full responsibility for my actions and to have my baby! But you just have to plan for the worst and hope for the best! But dont wait to tell her, she will feel hurt if you wait! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:36 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I strongly agree though! If you feel that you are old enough to have sex, then you are old enough to confront your parents about this...
    One thing for sure though... you will have to grow up FAST!!! Having a child changes your life sooooo much!!! No more being a teenager... that lifestyle is gone! You made that decision! So now you need to focus your energy on that baby! Graduate school, get a job and give that baby the life that it deserves!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:39 AM on May. 22, 2009