Canadian states?!?! What?????

Apparently on Regis and Kelly today Regis was reading something from a viewer from PEI (Prince Edward Island). He commented about not knowing where that state was. He was told it was in Canada.
Are American schools teaching about Canada, because I know I had to learn about America.
Little funny, I was on vacation in Florida once and was approached to do a survery. I told the girl I was Canadian and she hollered to her boss, "Can we use girls from Canadia?" lol
I'm not bashing, just curious if american's are taught about us canuks or if it's just isolated incidents?
BTW I didn't see the Regis and Kelly, just heard it second hand so if my info is not completely correct please forgive me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, I remember learning that they don't have states, they have Provinces.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I remember learning some about Canada in both high school and college history classes. I recall having to know which states are which(I think they're states-shows how much I paid attention lol) and the BIG important events. Although I couldn't tell ya what they were now. Lol But I'm pretty sure we here in America don't learn near as much about Canada as you do about America, just because of the simple fact that America is relevant to so much history. These are just my thoughts :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Come to think of it, I don't remember learning much about Canada at all while I was in school.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That's funny that you post this because I have always been curious about Canada. Here in So cal. there have been these awesome commercials lately of home video with people having so much fun in such a beautiful place and it is a tourism commercial about Canada. How is life in Canada? I was never taught about it in school. We are connected neighbors but I am closer to Mexicio, let me tell you although I am mexican/american I grew tired of "learning" what I already knew.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That's right..they are provinces..I feel stupid now after what I said up there! Lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Thanks for recognizing we have provinces! lol
    Life in Canada is pretty good, some lovely weather now and the window's are open. Another q, did you know we get a year after having a baby. Just bragging on my country a bit :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Canada rocks because it just sits there and causes no crap-no drama no bullshit.
    seriously have you EVER heard of a war between canada and someone else, have you ever even heard of canada participating in a war?
    There Chill mofo's!!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• We are learning about Canada a little at home. (We homeschool.) But honestly I didn't learn anything about it in school. Can you recommend a good website for history and geography?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• OHH about your question- NO we didn't learn much about Canada if anything- so I guess I'm only assuming your Chill Mofo's LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't remember learning about it in school, but I must have watched some documentaries when I was young because I know a little bit about Canada, just don't know how I know (weird). I drove through western Canada when we were moving to AK It is bee u tee ful.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 1:57 AM on May. 22, 2009