Doesn't like staying with Daddy

I work very part time, and my husband is home after having been laid off. He stays home with our 9 month old son when I work, and more often than not, he screams the whole time I'm gone (my son, not my hubby!). Any advice for getting through this? We've tried distraction, we don't make a big deal out of goodbye, we've tried with him in another room when I leave... We're running out of ideas.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:07 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have no clue hun my kids are like that too but they get use to it after i am gone for a few mins im sorry i cant be more help
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• No, I get a call an hour after I go in asking what my ETA is for when I'll be getting home. All I can tell DH is, "When I'm done! I don't know yet!"
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:38 AM on May. 22, 2009

• tell your hubby to be confident that was the problem with my SO he was unsure if he could hael it on his own and the baby senced that uncertinty and was upset by it kids can sence the smallest thing, also make sure you two have the same routine if you put the baby to nap at 10 he puts the baby to nap at 10 that way your son will learn no matter who is in controll his life will still be the same babies thrive on consistancy
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:05 AM on May. 22, 2009