Scientist predict that a new "super vaccine" woud be available in the near future. Would you give this kind of vaccine to your baby?

Scientist predict that there will be more vaccines added to the current schedule (in less than 20 years the schedule have been doubled). One of the vaccines available in the near future will prevent AIDS. The CDC stays the AIDS is an epidemic. Would you give this vaccine to your kid if the Department of Health mandates it as part of the "new mandated schedule".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anon 7:47...youre quite sure of yourself, arent you? Are you SO sure that you would put your child in a room with an infected person? There are plently of non immunized children that will not get sick from these diseases and plenty of immunized children who will. Its not a black and white scenario. Youve apparently been brainwashed to think that your child is safe because their immunized. ITs not true. To answer the question....probably not. I doubt seriously that when a nw vaccine came out, I would trust the effectiveness of it and my children will not be guniea pigs for any vaccine. There are ways to prevent this illness without the vaccine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:04 AM on May. 22, 2009

• hell yeah i would immunize my kids against aids!
    marilyn623

Answer by marilyn623 at 2:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• No. Not until it has been around a LONG time and ALL side effects short term and long have been studied.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 2:47 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I just asked my SO this and he said if the side effects were minimal like hair loss than yes and like Lover13 said if it had been studied and proven to protect against
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I am not sure. It would have to be mercury free and contain no fetal tissue. After the age of three I might consider the vaccine schedule. probably not AIDS.. Kids should learn the responsibilities of sex- instead. I will not give my girls guardisal, its not completely safe, and does not completely work.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:11 AM on May. 22, 2009

• AIDS doesn't only spread by sex. Let's hope your kids never need a blood transfusion, and that if they do the blood isn't tainted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• What happen to let the the boy fight infections. We are in a world where we are fighting against all these viruses. Viruses mutate that's is the reason why there is no vaccines for the swine flu. We are so dependent of all these vaccines. What's going to happen when for some reason vaccines run out. Does somebody knows the answer to this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on May. 22, 2009

• What happen to let the body fight infections. correction
    Anonymous

• Viruses mutate that's is the reason why there is no vaccines for the swine flu

There are NO vaccines for the swine flu-YET-bc there is NO way to predict the stained that will be around the next year. They base the shots on what was around the year before. This wasn't something that could have been foreseen. But-I bet there is something by this fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on May. 22, 2009

• of course I would immunize. Not only does immunizing prevent the individual from becoming sick but also helps eradicate the illness so no one else gets sick either. I think people who do not immunize hold thier childrens lives in thier hands and have no one but themselves to blame when the child gets sick from a potentially lethal disease that until over paranoid parents decided since diseases like polio, mumps, scarlet fever arent around anymore doctors are lying when saying they need the shots to protect them...you do realize that these diseases still exist in other countries right?? all it takes is one person to contract the disease and carry it here and all your non immunized children will get it..and my immunized child will not. now whos the good parent???? hmmmm??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on May. 22, 2009