Is it going to hurt my baby to have blood around the plecenta?

I went to the er and the doctor told me that I had blood around the plecenta? Can any one relate to this?? Is my baby going to be ok I am only 6weeks and 3 days! Should I be this worried about it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He didnt tell you not to worry or anything?!?!? I would switch doctors! but im sorry I dont know
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You have to ask your doctor questions. They need to be reminded that we are people and we have fears. I just googled it and it said that it's pretty normal. If it was a very large one you should get another ultrasound in a week or so to see if it's larger or if it has disappeared.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:11 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Make an appointment with your OB. My friend had a pocket of blood behind her placenta and had some heavy bleeding during her pregnancy. She was considered high risk at that point and had frequent visits and ultrasounds.... but her baby was just fine!!!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:01 AM on May. 22, 2009