Does anyone know what a power and steering sensor is?

Is it a fuse? Where should I take My car in to fix it because My Engine light is on.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:38 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's a sensor. It's part of the cars computer that reads if there is any problems with that part of your car. There are several sensors in your car and they can go bad and need replacing. You will need to take it to a general mechanic, hopefully one that can hook it up to a computer and have the computer "read" your cars to see exactly what the problem(s) are and then fix it properly.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:05 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Hey thank you for the information. I did take it in to have it hooked to a computer for it to be read. But now I need to find someone who will be able to fix it for me. :) Do you know how much it may cost?
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:49 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Sorry, I don't. It depends on what the problem is exactly. If it's a bad sensor and the sensor needs to be replaced, it will be less expensive. If there is actually something wrong with the power steering then you are looking at parts and labor and some mechanics charge up to $60/hour plus parts. If you know what the problem is now then call a couple of mechanics, tell them what the problem is and ask them to give you an estimate for the work.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:31 AM on May. 26, 2009