my grandaughter(9 months) is allergic to milk so she drink's soymilk and she's teething but teething biscuits or cookies are made with milk . is there anyone who has arecipe or know of a brand of teething cookies that uses soymilk?

Rosy39

Asked by Rosy39 at 2:41 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I got dairy free teething biscuits at Whole Foods Market. They are made by Healthy Times and they are called Vanilla Biscuits for Teethers.
    momof2girlz33

Answer by momof2girlz33 at 4:05 AM on May. 22, 2009

• you know, I dont know of any teething cookies but we used teething tablets from walmart for my kids and they worked awesome!!! Also... you can get a cold wet rag and let your baby suck on that- my kids loved that!
    Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:43 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i found this online
    Actually any bread that has been hardened can be used for a teething biscuit. For example, cut some thick slices of your homemade banana bread into easy to hold strips and bake them in a very low oven (<200) for 15 to 20 minutes. You can also do this using a yeast bread such as oatmeal or whole wheat bread. Stale bagels were a favorite teething biscuit of my kids.
    f
    The following recipe is adapted from Vicki Lansky's "Feed Me I'm Yours."

Nutritious Teething Biscuits:

1 beaten egg yolk
    3 tablespoons maple syrup or molasses
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1.5 tablespoons oil
    1/4 cup milk
    1 tablespoon uncooked oatmeal
    1 cup flour (white, wheat or combo)
    1 tablespoon soy flour
    1 tablespoon wheat germ
    1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk.

Blend wet ingredients, add dry ingredients. Dough will be stiff. Roll dough thin and cut into
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• cont...
    Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet. They can be made without the last 3 ingredients, but they add to the nutritional value.

Maybe change the milk ingredients to soy or something
    found it here
    http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bteething/0,,3w3v,00.html
    copy and paste the link
    =] good luck
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My sil has a really cool mesh bag thing that's attached to what is basically a pacifier ring. I don't know where she got it, but I imagine you could probably find it online or at a baby store.

But basically, she puts things like apple wedges, frozen veggies, etc, into the baggie, then snaps it closed with the ring. Then the baby can chew on the mesh bag, and it does several things. It soothes their gums and it gives them nutrients from whatever is in the bag, without posing a choking hazard. You could try this.

We did a variation of this with our kids, but they were born before there were these cool bag things. What we did was I gave them frozen green beans, and sat there with them while they chewed on them, either chewing them, but, if I remember right (my kids are teens now, so it's been awhile), they were older than 9 mos when we did this.

Sil uses the bag thing with them at 9 mos though, and it's helped. GL!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Are you kidding!! Before the age of one, babies should have only breastmilk or formula for nutrition and drinking. solids are only given to babies for the experience of eating them. By giving her soymilk, even the enriched, you are cutting her off from vital nutrients. Please stop now!!!
    Great information on feeding babies, toddlers and their families at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:01 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You don't need a special recipe for soy milk. I haven't used cow milk in years and have never used special recipes. Just substitue the cow milk for soy.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:50 PM on May. 22, 2009