• In the Spotlight:

Advice?

My FIL has favoritized my 3 year old over my two year old, since she has been born. He always talks about her being "his baby". Well recently he told me that he was going to take her to a movie and that my MIL was going to take my 2 year old to a park while he and my daughter watched the movie. NO- he didn't ASK me, he TOLD me this was the plan. I am steaming pissed and told him that he was not!! I hate that he even ASSumed to tlee me "what he was going to do". I do not trust him with my daughter and have a gut feeling that makes me uneasy when he is around her. I want to be better safe then sorry about this and refuse to put my daughter in danger. However!- How do I make my point about my concerns and get him to stop asking if she can go places with him and stay the night without straight out telling him that I do not trust him around my daughter and worry that he may touch her or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well you should totally talk to him. maybe you shouldnt say straight out that you feel uncomfortable when he is around her to prevent family drama, but you should let him know you dont appreciate when other people take over your kid's life because your are the mother and you are the only one who can take decisions for them. If the talk is not enough then you should just make excuses to avoid to much contact between them; organize a "family's night" with you husband and kids play games, watch a movie, bake cookies, or make an art project, or simply enroll them in a sport or activity that way your kids will be busy doing something they and he will not be around your little girl. This will also prevent arguments with your husband or family mambers. I don't have any girls but I believe that moms sense when other people want to hurt their kids. Good luck!!!!!

paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 6:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• wow hun tell him flat out you need to ask me not tell me and maabye talk to ur ped. about it and see if there is something they can do that wont put stress on her
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Wow, put ur foot down that is ur daughter not his, u make the choices and deciasions not him, when it comes 2 ur children, u tell him don't let him tell u gl
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:57 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I didn't know favoritized was a word. Interesting.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:00 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You have that gut instinct for a reason, always always go with it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

Thanks Bitch, I can tell not many people go to YOU for advice. Lame ass.
    Anonymous