Inverted Nipples anyone?

im pregnant with my first baby, due tomarrow..and i really want to breast feed but i have one inverted nipple..if i pull it out and stimulate it then its fine, but im really worried how its gonna work out..anyone else with this problem? what did you do?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:57 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem. I used nipple shields until they got the hang of nursing.

This is a link to what i am talking about.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=nipple%20shield&origkw=nipple%20shield&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:02 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I had enverted nipples all though childhood and up until I got pregnant and now they have a mind of there own and are constantly saying HELLLLLOOOO!
    ask the nurseing people- whatever there called Lactation experts, I know that TONS of women have inverted nipples and I doubt that it prohibits them from breast feeding-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I have a grandma sister and best friend with this problem if you ask the nurse or lactation specialist they can show you how to do it. Good luck.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:08 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I second the breast shells. NOT to be confused with "nipple sheilds" they are two different things :) The shells are worn 30 min-1 hr before nursing and are great for numerous reasons. They help draw out inverted or flat nipples, they help with soreness since your bra can't rub against your sensitive nipple, they increase air flow to the nipple, and collect any leaking milk instead of a pad absorbing that *liquid gold.* I think you can get them at Baby's R Us or order them online for around $12-15. They look a bit goofy in your bra - but hey, it's not like you are in a fashion contest in those first few weeks LOL Good luck!!!!!
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 11:19 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Ah...shoot I also wanted to add that when your milk comes in sometimes it's hard to get the baby to latch because your breasts are so full. The shells will help with this too but not always. sometimes you have to pump (or hand express) some milk to slightly empty and soften your breast so the baby can get a good latch...ok I'm done now :P
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 11:22 AM on May. 22, 2009