How do I tell him?

So we had a barbque last weekend... with my family and my hubbys family! Well, the other day I got a call from my MIL, she said that my little brother needs to take a shower because he smells like B.O. really bad, I didnt notice, but then again, I was super busy!!! How do I tell my brother that he stinks? AND not hurt his feelings at the same time... Please no stupid remarks, this is a serious question!
Thanks to everyone for your help!

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:05 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Buy him a new sented liquid soap and be like ohh this smells really good and I got it on sale so I picked one up for you. Here try it see if you like it.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• buy him some cologne and tell him it will help with getting the ladies
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:11 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree with both suggestions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on May. 22, 2009

• maybe it was a one time thing, maybe he forgot deorderant.maybe didnt have time to shower to be on time for the bbq. If it was hot maybe he was sweating alot. i dont think you should say anything until you smell him yourself. if he smells the next time you see him then you will know it wasnt a one time thing.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Hes a boy- Boys often are stinky, tell him stright forward, sometimes being a little bit imbarrased about your hygine can give you that kick in the butt you need to wash your man parts LOL
    if you cant be honest with him get him some cologne-
    My son loves to joke about his "man smell" when he is spraying himself down with cologne
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Just tell him what your MIL has said. It's your MIL problem not yours. If you don't want your brother to be hurt then don't say anything to him. IF you think that this could upset him why bother? As the other poster said maybe it was a one-time-thing. MIL are so hard to please!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• xmas last yr my dad told me to tell my lil bro to take a shower cause he stinks and just straight up told him he take a shower before we go please and he did but he used soooooooooo much of my fiance cologne that it stunk
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 4:02 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That's really something his mom or dad should be talking to him about.
    Perhaps you could mention something to your mom about what your MIL told you in a lighthearted way and let her deal with it.
    All kids, including girls, go through hormonal and chemical changes in their lives where they are going to stink no matter how much they shower. Some kids just don't shower and clean themselves at all - it's a kid thing. But it's up to their parents to teach them correctly.
    If you say something to him he might be wicked embarassed, especially if he found out that someone else at a social gathering told you about it. He might even get p.o.'d that he's being "talked about" behind his back.
    Having a teen daughter who I am trying to teach to bathe regularly and to keep herself clean at all times, I kind of understand how they feel.
    Just my opinion. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:54 AM on May. 22, 2009

• How old is he? If he is a pre-teen, it is ok to just explain the changes he is getting ready to go through. Pre-teen boys smell like a cross between garlic and onions! They don't know it though. Just tell him he is growing up, and as a "man wannabe" he has to assume some manly responsibility and use deodorant.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:07 AM on May. 22, 2009

• he is 23 years old! And he actually does stink... it was not a one time thing! I tested the waters and found out for myself this morning! He has a SERIOUS B.O problem! Help! I dont want to hurt his feelings!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:41 PM on May. 22, 2009