i have blood around the placenta what does this mean? Will my baby be ok? I am 6 weeks and 3 days!

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have blood around the placenta! What does this mean is my baby going to be ok? I am very worried???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is not normal but it can happen sometimes. What has your doctor said about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i woudl talk to you rdr about your concerns not people on cafemom
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:53 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Your dr should've explained it... I'm not sure what it is unless it's placenta previa - I had that with my son... I'd call the doctor... Good luck hon
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:09 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I had a severe hemmorage in between my placenta and uterus. At 6 weeks they told me I should prepare myself for a miscarriage. The doctor and ultrasound tech said it was the worse they have ever seen. They didn't think I was going to make it past 10 weeks pregnant. Well, I surprised them and gave birth to a very healthy baby girl. They call her a miracle angel baby. I had severe pain accompanied with my internal bleeding. It lasted 4 months and then dried up and went away. I had preterm labor at 33 weeks that was stopped with a shot, meds and bed rest. At 40 w & 2 d pregnant, I was bleeding bright red blood and her heart rate was down... eventually was induced that lead to a c-section. My advice to you is to rest as much as possible, take your prenatal vitamins, drink plenty of water, take tylenol if you have any pain, warm baths, don't stress and just PRAY. I constantly prayed my whole entire pregnancy.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:40 PM on May. 22, 2009