How can I get my husband to stop acting the way he does to make me not trust him?

Loveangel2118

Asked by Loveangel2118 at 3:54 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• oh hunny i know how you feel but i am n the same boat so i dont know what to do =[
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 3:57 AM on May. 22, 2009

• You could tell him that. Maybe he is going to tell you the same thing. But you could also be more assertive with yourself and find out if it's really him or it's something going on with you. Do you have self-stem issues? I'm not insulting or bashing you it's just a question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on May. 22, 2009

• What kinds of things is he doing for you to not trust him? Maybe with more info, i could help you better..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Sadly, you can't make him (or anyone else) do anything. Most men who aren't trusted have this issue for a reason. I've never heard of anyone doing things on purpose to make their wife or SO just think things. You need to look at what is going on, clearly, and decide what you want for yourself and child/dren. If he is willing to work on the realationship with you, then you have a chance, but if not, your future is in your own hands.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:41 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well i wish i knew what tosay. My husband does act funny too, well he is not agreeing to improve our marriage, not listening, I tried to talk to him, to get our marriage more closer, stronger, but it is not working. So i am left feeling like he changed, doesnot care, lazy about doing his part in teh marriage, ignores me, and doesnot want to be open and commited in our marriage. I am not sure what to do, so i just pray.. Not knowing when he will able to come around, and understand what it means to be closer and stronger in a marriage. men need help, well Gods help, cause they dont act they way they are suppose to, they act or misbehave due to them not wanting to change, or do their part, i guess.. So i hope your Dh changes, and work on the marriage, etc,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well first off I don't have sefl Esteem issues, and second he promised me and himself and our kids that he would stop smoking when he got home. And he was doing great I was so proud of him, and then we move here to Colorado, and he starts doing it behind my back with other people. And i catch him and he hides it from me. Then he goes places without telling me like its a secret like I don't need help with taking care of our kid and helping me do things in the house cause I am pregnant. He just takes off without telling me where he is going or asking me if I need anyhelp. And it has gotten this bad since we moved here. And I think it has to do with the crowd that we are hanging out with. Instead of acting like an adult and owning up to his vows with me, he act like an immature asshole, with no moral, and doesnt give a shit about being a husband to me. He cares about being a dad, butnot a husband.
    Loveangel2118

Answer by Loveangel2118 at 1:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You need to assess your needs and goals and they may not include him as a husband. He can be a great dad, but you can choose to move on without him, as a husband. He is making these choices, not the "group you are hanging with" and this type of behavior rarely changes, but typically gets worse.

Anonymous