I know that there isn't any such thing as stupid question, but...

Until I had kids, I used to believe there wasn't any such thing as a stupid question, because hey, if you didn't know, you didn't know, so why not just ask?

I changed my mind when I had kids and got these questions (and I got them a LOT) - "Are your kids twins?" Answer - "No". Question - "Are you sure?" Answer - "Yeah, I'm sure. There's 15 months between them. (Or, if I was in a "mood" - Umm, I'm pretty sure I would remember 15 mos of labor, so yeah, they're NOT twins...).

This exchange would usually be followed with "WOW, they aren't twins? But they look identical!" (Which might not be so funny, except my kids are opposite sex!)

What is the stupidest thing you have been asked "in real life"?

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 4:16 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I could tell you that my oldest sister and my baby brother always get that. They look like twins. So i understand what you're saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on May. 22, 2009

• While carrying a load of over full Jay c bags, "did you go to the store?" someone asks. nope, went to the bar, what do you think?
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:13 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I always get "AWH SO CUTE, BOY OR GIRL" when my son is wear blue with a DINO on his shirt!!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:26 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well is it a boy or a girl? my DAUGHTER always has pink on ,pink in her hair something pink and i can be a real asshole exceptionally when it comes to stupid questions. Im really good at making you feel like a real shithead for being a stupid person asking stupid questions. S ya i can be a real bitch.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:53 AM on May. 22, 2009

• LOL!! My 19 and 20 year old daughters were born 1 year and 19 days apart. I heard that all the time--"Are they twins?" but after I said no, I was never asked if I was sure!! HILARIOUS!! And " Are you in a MOOD?" That's priceless!! OMG people say some of the dumbest things!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:00 AM on May. 22, 2009

• LOL. My boys are almost four years apart and some people will ask me if they are twins. Umm hello??? Take a better look. I also had people ask me if they were or a boy or girl when they were wearing blue or the clothes that made it obvious they were boys, same with my daughter.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:43 AM on May. 22, 2009

• OP ~ I got that all the time with my youngest two daughters who were born 2 1/2 years apart! Everyone thinks they look so identical and I look at them as if they are nuts! There are obvious differences - am I the only one who sees them?

Also, we have a blue baby seat for my granddaughter, but we use a pink blanket and she wears pink 98% of the time, yet people still ask if she is a girl. I got flippant one day and replied, "Nope, we're just preparing him for his sex change." Boy, did I get a confused then dirty look!!!
    If you see a baby in pink and you have to ask, then expect a wisecrack answer, is how I feel. Not everyone can afford color-coordinated gender-specific "furniture/items" for their babies!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:45 AM on May. 22, 2009

• lol iwa sasked when i was pregnant
    1 was i sure i was pregnant (i was 8 months)
    2 was i sure i wasnt having twins?( i was being induced the next week lol so ya i think i knew i wasnt having twins )
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:48 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My boys are 13 months apart and I get asked all the time if they are twins. They are both blonde, but one is clearly taller than the other. I don't get it. I have even started dressing them alike sometimes just to mess with people lol.
    My BFF in high school was a twin and girls would ask her when her birthday was and then turn around and ask her sister the same question, duh!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• LOL - thanks ladies :-) Even though it's sad to see that there are so many people walking around asking dumb questions about other people's kids, it's good to know that they all aren't just talking to me wink mini

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:37 PM on May. 22, 2009