Is chamomile tea okay for my 7 month old?

My 7 month old has been teething and now he has a cold. I have heard that chamomile will help soothe him. Is this right? How much do I give him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know here in Germany they always give the children/babies tea but I donot know what type.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• If some mommies can rub rum on their baby's sore gum than just a little tea shouldn't hurt.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:02 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't give a baby that young tea without the doctor's OK. Chamomile with caffeine, for example, would make the baby jumpy and could interfere with sleep, and I don't know what else the tea would have in it that would affect the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i woudlnt use tea at all i would go to walmart and get teething tablets they are all natural disolve under the tounge and work in about 2-3 mins i give my son tylenall then the tablets. the tablets provided imdiate relif and when those wore off the tylenall would have started to work so it was a great system for us
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:10 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't give a baby tea. But then I can't have tea because there is a chemical in tea which causes kidney stones to which I'm prone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 22, 2009

• If you want to use teas on children and family-you should take the responsibility to read and learn about them-not everyone knows enough to tell you-and it also might be misconstrued to be diagnosing and prescribing. I don't know if they still sell it, but when I was young and even when I was raising my children (youngest is in 20s) they had oil of clove, stronger than "Numzit" (do they still carry even Numzit in stores anymore? ) and clove oil is what all those numbing products are fashioned after, anyway. It can be fun to learn about it all-you can cross-reference the articles and info so you can use it later on too. Herbs can't just be used without knowing how strong they are for the persons using them. Many of the herbs today are with black tea, but some are decaffinated. If you go to the health food store they might have them in apothocary jars-pure with no black tea in them. Herbs can be made into tea all by themselves
    MomaNana2008

Answer by MomaNana2008 at 8:47 AM on May. 22, 2009

• gentle naturals teething drops have chamomile in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• herbs for kids gum-o-mile has clove oil in it, & i think it may have chamomile in it as well. it's very numbing, but dd didn't like the taste. you can get it online. gentle naturals can be found at target, walmart, etc.. teething tablets can be found most places, as well. hylands teething tablets work well & i've gotten them from walgreens & babies r us. i don't know if you can give babies tea? i wouldn't without checking with a professional first. teething rings, frozen washcloths, carrots (obviously watch to make sure pieces aren't being bitten off), are some of the things we have used/do use.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I used chamomile tea on my daughter when she was a new born, but as far as teething, the only thing that worked with my kids were motrin and time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:25 AM on May. 22, 2009

• chamomila is a homeopathic remedy which I believe helps with teething. Look for it on vitacost.com or in your local health food store.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2009