what is the best way to prepare my body for another baby?

My first son I tried to do everything right but I admit I drank caffeine here and there and stressed a lot. He was six and a half weeks early. I want the absolute best for this next baby! I've already started prenatal pills that are for sensitive tummies I wasnt able to take them last time and I can take up to six a day! I have also cut out caffeine and I dont know how to get rid of stress that is a whole other story. MY family is HORRIBLE..we are going to try and move out of state soon. Any advice for trying for a new baby?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:29 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Folic acid, and i don't know anything to help with stress. (If you figure something out let me know) keep yourself health and active. You are already prenatal pills so thats good. Maybe iron also if you can remember if your iron was low. Good luck :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:42 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm not a medical expert but I heard to take folic acid every day before you try to conceive. Eating healthy foods, especially green leafy foods is supposed to help. Having a good weight, not too thin, and not too heavy is supposed to be good for fertility. What else....the stress thing is hard....I am one to always stress out...I would try taking walks every day or every other day to keep it down. As you are doing, stay away from caffeine, diet drinks, alcohol, smoking, I usually stick with water and milk. I dont know how true this is but eating dairy twice a week is supposed to help (even icecream). Oh, and make sure its not just your body that is ready, that your head and emotional state are too. We tried to get pregnant again and on the first try were successful....I hope we are ready!
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 11:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• For Stress - Keep in mind your baby and how stress directly affects the baby. Try using relaxation techniques, breathing techniques and for a 2-in-1, do stretches that help with child birth and stress relief. Take a walk. When I was pregnant with my baby girl, I walked about 2-10 miles a day. I was a stay at home mom to his 2 toddlers, and we only had one car, which he took to work. Walking makes pregnancy and childbirth MUCH easier than people say it does. I only pushed for 15 minutes (about 3 pushes) before my baby was out! Try hypnotizing yourself for stress relief also. I bought hypnobabies, but it doesn't work that well for me for pain. Works great for stress. It's $180, but I'd be willing to share the techniques with you if you're interested, instead of making you buy it. (Not that I'm using it anymore anyways.)
    new_mom_10_21

Answer by new_mom_10_21 at 1:58 AM on May. 23, 2009

• amazon has books on this topic, especially about nutrition and preparing your body. im with the folic acid suggestion-very importnat
    lovemygifts

Answer by lovemygifts at 10:20 PM on May. 25, 2009