Do you think dollar might be dropped as world currency?

So, with how mad other countries are at us right now and all the toxic assets tied to the dollar and the biggest bank failure of the year last night, do you think other countries will dump the US as the universal currency. Right now all commodities are based on the dollar. The last couple days the dollar has tanked which is why you're seeing an increase in gold and oil prices. If the US dollar is dropped as world currency, you can kiss your current life style good-bye because you'll only be able to afford food and gas and the occasional piece of clothing. Here's a link to some countries starting to move away from the dollar.

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009/05/19/56020/chop-chop-chop-the-dollar/

smalltowngal

Asked by smalltowngal at 8:48 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-9 Credits)
  • sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 22, 2009

• If Geithner and the Chinese get their way, yes.

I guess we will have to "Wait and See".
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:59 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes they are already looking at a bill where all your money will have to be on a chip and you wil not be allowed to carry more then $5 3 months after the bill is passed and nothing 6 months after.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:21 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Ibelongtojesus where did you hear that?
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 9:40 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Awhile back also the billionaires of the world are having what was supposed to be a secret meeting in NY to discuss the WOrld econoomic situation and wha tthey want to do about. Sounds fishy to me.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:44 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Scary if you ask me. I always hoped the rapture would happen before all this did.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 9:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• me too Haidens Mama. Al we can do is pray and watch out. We know what to look for and avoid.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Quinn the "wait and see" approach some seem to live by lol.I guess with this we have no choice though.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Ibelongtojesus, please post a link. I want to see that!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:06 AM on May. 22, 2009

• The billionairs met to discuss flanthropy and how they can help through these tuff times. They also discussed the best ways to do it in their own expirence, meeting of the minds. Which I happend to be very glad to see. People should not just jump to perioniod conclusions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 22, 2009