Is a carseat necessary for a 2 year old on a 2 hour flight?

We will be flying in a few weeks and I am debating whether or not to bring the carseat on the plane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• i personally don't see the point, if the plane crashes, you're sol anyways
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 22, 2009

• No I don't think so. My son started flying at 9 months and we never used a car seat
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• We always used a carseat on the plane. A lap baby becomes a projectile in case of extreme turbulance or a crash. And a child understands how to behave in a car seat; it is a familiar place in an unfamiliar environment.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on May. 22, 2009

• My understanding is after 2 the child must have his own seat. We fly close to every other month and the flights are between 3 hours and 9 hours depending. We have used a carseat in his own seat since he was 2. He knows how to behave in a carseat and it makes me feel safer. Plus then he's not trying to get down and run amok. But check your carseat, some are approved for airline use and some are not.
    erika.lyn

Answer by erika.lyn at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2009