Did you know this?

I feel sooo stupid asking this question (thank goodness for the anonymous button) but sometimes we don't know things until it is right in your face. Iam just glad I wasn't in front of alot of people.

But...Did you know that the White House" was buildt by slaves????

I honestly did not know that...My dh laughed at me and said that was all they talked about right before he became President.
I was like I must have been soo busy with the kids that I did not care to listen. But shit like this makes me feel like a dingbat bc this is not the first time. I am a bright girl but damn sometimes I feel like a dingy girl. It's not like I like being this way, I don't want to go through all that embarrassment. So most of the time I just stay quiet. There are times that I get teased for being so quiet...lol Leave me alone let me be. Please don't bash on me I honestly did not know. :( This is what happens when you don't listen in skol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes - and it's okay; you learn something new everyday - you're not gonna be quizzed on a daily basis on what you know or don't know. Everybody realizes at times something that so many have either known for a long time or just recently found out themselves.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I knew that, but I dont believe I learned it in school. I think I just heard it on tv or whatever here recently b/c of Obama.

Dont feel dingy.....you cant know everything...unless you are a genius or something ;)

I feel like that sometimes b/c I smile a LOT. I think I come across as dingy b/c of that. But I am not, just look like it.....rofl!!!! hahahaha.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• No one can know every detail about every subject.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:19 AM on May. 22, 2009

• There are worse things not to know- like what's going on TODAY. I did know that but it lived in the back part of my brain until you said it again.

Mom brain is now a scientific condition. The adorable little buggers suck the brain cells right out of you, giving you license to have "dingy" moments.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:22 AM on May. 22, 2009

• lol lovin

Yeah........my dad helped paint parts of the WH several times before he retired from the painters union.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on May. 22, 2009

• 36 yrs
    tnmomofive

• Actually that is one thing I did happen to know for some unknown reason! I know what you mean about suddenly finding out some little trivia fact and thinking, "How come I haven't known that all my life? Does everybody else know this?" Don't let it worry you, just tuck it away in your memory bank and sooner or later you will run into somebody who doesn't know, then you can be the smart one.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:11 AM on May. 22, 2009

• It's all good to learn new things. It's also a wonderful moment to look back and reflect on how far we have come as a nation. The 2009 inauguration was a historical moment and is a wonderful example for the history books on how far we have come as a nation. Just because I don't agree with the President, doesn't mean I can't appreciate the moment.
    And I agree with you, lovin... There is sooooo much going on today. I have to wonder how much most Americans know or care to know about their government, nation, economy...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes I knew, but don't let it bother you that you didn't. We all learn something new everyday. I'm sure there is something you'll learn today about someone, something, somewhere that you didn't know before. Have fun learning about the history of things. I think that's why I love museums so much, no matter how many times you've been there is always something new you can learn.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:31 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Don't feel bad, I did not know until my twenties that black men fought in the Civil War.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 10:39 AM on May. 22, 2009