35 weeks and spotting a little?

Since last night, when I go to the bathroom and wipe, there is a little spot of bright red blood. If I wipe a few more times, it is still there. This has happened about 3 times now. And I have been having the feeling like I am going to start my period. Not really cramping..but that feeling..lol idk. What could be causing this? I haven't been checked since Monday and I wasn't dilated.

WaylensMommy

Asked by WaylensMommy at 9:12 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you have sex right before the bleeding started? If so then that is normal. However, anytime I bled during the end of my pregnancy, I called my OB's office and let them decide if it was normal or not.
    But since you are only spotting I think it is normal.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• the last time I had sex was Monday night. I was thinking that too and asked my DH when the last time was..lol..but I don't think I would be spotting now from Monday.
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 9:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• no you are right it's not from sex. however, if you are not having to wear a pad then you should be fine. If it is there EVERY time you wipe then I would call your doctor...

ohhh yeah bloody show can be a sign of early labor, you may want to call anyway and see what the nurse says. you are a little early yet to go into labor. let me know what they say.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:36 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Please drink LOTS of water!!!! The crampiness is most likely from being dehydrated. I would kick back, drink till you feel like you could float away, and see if it subsides. As for the bloody show...it's a good indication that something is about to happen but don't get discouraged, it could be weeks before labor actually starts.
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 11:09 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I called my doc and he had me go to the hospital to be monitored and make sure the baby didn't need to be delivered before he goes out of town next week. But I wasn't dilated and the spotting has stopped. Watch me have him next week when the doc. is gone. My kids seem to like doing that. lol I was 36 weeks with my 2 yr old when I had him and the doc. was out of town. Next week he will be out of town..really out of the country and I will be 36 weeks. That would be a hoot!
    WaylensMommy

Answer by WaylensMommy at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2009