I don't understand!?

Why so many people are willing to believe in Angels and Demons, but not ghosts and spirits (other then the holy spirit)? Why should angels, demons and the holy spirit be the only creatures from the other realm(s) that would be allowed to come to this planet? I could never follow this logic. Even Jesus came back, didn't he (according to one interpretation of the bible)?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:28 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• prob the answer to this is that ghosts are not mentioned in the bible whle angels and demons are.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I am a christian and I believe in ghosts. I had an experience happen to me, and I definitely believe in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I believe in the Spiritual realm... I think that ghost's are not what most people percieve them to be. The BIble says that Satan even disguises himself as an angel of light. so....I think that these spirits are just a mask that satan uses to disguise himself.... I know not many people see it this way, but hey that is what i think.... And noone actually knows for sure, so I guess you cannot discredit any person's views.... So, yeah, I know I dont hold the popular view on this but oh well, that is how I see it, and yes i agree also with Lyndall's response too....
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 9:49 AM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't believe in either....although I'm open to new things if they are discovered. I have never had a supernatural experience of any kind. I kinda feel left out LOL. But, like believing in a higher power, I can't believe in something just because other people claim it exists without evidence. I do believe there is something out there (energy or whatever) that we don't understand yet, but I don't believe it's dead people....and I don't believe it's magical powers from a god or demon.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:16 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Im not sure what youre asking. I believe angels and demons are the same thing as ghosts and spirits. ITs just another way of saying it. Terminology, if you will. When Jesus was on the Earth, he cast out demons from people. Thats the same as saying spirit. Then theres always specifics...such as what kind of spirit or demon. Such as familiar spirit (ghosts) or spirits of anti christ (against God) or spirit of fear (brings fear and torment)...ect.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:33 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Answered at 8:30 AM on May. 22, 2009 by: Lyndall
    prob the answer to this is that ghosts are not mentioned in the bible whle angels and demons are.
    ***

Actually, that's not true.
    I Samuel 28:15
    Mark 16:12
    Matthew 14:26
    Matthew 27:52-53
    Mark 9:4

Not to mention the several times the phrase "give up the ghost" is used throughout the old and new testament.

There are many, many websites you can find that will list many more scriptures where ghosts or spirits are mentioned, and it having nothing to do with Satan, demons or angels. One really good one that I've found is:

http://www.thelightside.org/EARSite/ears_ghosts.html

And another is :
    http://www.angelsghosts.com/ghosts_spirits_christian_bible.html
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:35 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well, I don't believe in "Angels" and "Demons " in the biblical sence. But I do believe in "Pure" beings. Pure evil and pure good... I don't think that they are "from heaven" I believe in untold numbers of dimentions. That some are perfect, some are EVIL, and some are in the middle like ours... The all have doors in and out and if you have the ability to access those doors and/or open them you can access those dimentions. What we see as Demons and Angels are simply those that have that power and have accessed our world.

Ghosts are different. They are spirits of those that are simply lost or who have chosen to stay here. Being they are from this dimention they don't need any extra "power" to access it. They many times just haven't left it, or haven't found how to leave it. They are lost or have "unfinished business" here.

Since I'm not Christian I guess the question wasn't really for me but there's my 2 cents!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Well, for starters, Jesus didn't "come back", in the sense you are thinking about. He was resurrected by God, and was not a ghost, or a spirit,He was once again a fully living,breathing,flesh and blood person. And, it's not "according to on interpretation of the Bible." It's the way it is. By being resurrected, Jesus conquered our certain death and eternal damnation, and gave us the chance for everlasting life with Him in Heaven. Ok,didn't mean to sound like I was ranting or raving,just wanted to get that out there. As to ghosts and spirits,and angels and demons, I believe in the angels and demons, as to ghosts, well, not too sure about that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• There are no such things as ghosts. But there are Angel's and demons and the holy sprit or ghost in some bibliacal interpretations. If you think you're seeing a ghost you're mistaken it is just a demon tricking you. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says:
    For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten.

I used to think I saw ghosts but that can't be as the dead are not in existence anymore or are "sleeping" I hope this helps.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:06 PM on May. 22, 2009

• "For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten."

how does this explain that "demons" are impersonating someone who has died?

personally I don't believe in angels or demons anyways... but I do believe in the paranormal.. although not in the sense that most people do. PM me with any questions on that statement.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:26 PM on May. 22, 2009