other than cranberry?

what other than cranberry if anything, can I drink to help fight a uti? I'm caling the dr. today to schedule an appt next week, and have no car. I wrote SO a list of a few things to pick up for me when he's off work. cranberry pills was one of them... but since I'm stuck at the house, all I pretty much have to drink is water or apple juice

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:29 AM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• I was always told by my doctor to drink pure cranberry juice mixed in with 7up
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 9:30 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i have no cranberry juice at all. just water and apple juice. I do have 7up though lol but shouldnt I avoid caffeine? no coffee for me this morning =(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:32 AM on May. 22, 2009

• They have a pill at wal-mart that is like those painkillers the dr gives you that make you pee orange. Tell your SO to ask the pharmacist. Take those and cranberry pills and you'll feel better in no time!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:33 AM on May. 22, 2009

• yes urisat or something...I wrote that on the list!!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:37 AM on May. 22, 2009

• That pill they are talking about, there is one called Azo, you'll probably have to ask for it at the pharmacy, they usually keep it back there (for shoplifting reasons I'm guessing!) It numbs the burning, it does not cure you, and it does make you pee reddish-orange because it's made of some natural dye. Hope you feel better soon, I hate UTIs. You should make sure you drink a lot of water, the bacteria love sugar.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:08 AM on May. 22, 2009

• Blueberries are also helpful. No caffiene or alchohol or spicey or acidic foods. Drink lots and lots of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:17 AM on May. 22, 2009

• i've heard about blueberry....i only have bluberry preserves/jam, no added sugar.....is that just as good? silly question...but just makin sure =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:19 AM on May. 22, 2009

• and what is it about blueberries that help...the acidity?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:20 AM on May. 22, 2009

• 7-Up is caffiene free. I would think any liquids will help flush out the infection although cranberry juice is best.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• 7up is caffeine free? YAAAAAAAAY lol I can take a break from water for a few minutes!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:44 PM on May. 22, 2009